November 2019 Chapter Meeting
The November Chapter Meeting will be on Thursday, November 14 at 11:30 AM. This will be the last chapter meeting of 2019 and will hosted at the Medallion Room at the Holiday Inn on the University of Memphis Campus. Chris McNally of Memphis Reprographics will give a presentation on Document Control and Delivery.
Document Process Management Lunch & Learn
Event Description: Document Process Management is a vital process throughout the design and construction process, and is often faced with issues such as communication gaps, legal ramifications, loss of information, version confusion, access control issues and mismanagement of time and labor. The goal of this presentation is to highlight potential pitfalls, and the resulting impact on the overall document process, through the design and construction phases. These pitfalls can hinder the organizations ability to operate at more efficient levels, reducing costs, re-work, and overall negative brand impact.
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
1. Identify Potential Risks or gaps in their existing document management process, as it relates to the industry or company level.
2. Explore various examples and current industry standards, as it relates to both the individual and organization level.
3. Explain the impact of hindrances in the document process, as it relates to the project, from concept to completion.
4. Organize a more productive process, which enhances the organizations vision, while maintaining proper document control, thus creating a stronger brand from an internal and external prospective.
5. Apply better principles and guidelines in their document management process, creating a more streamlined vs. multiple vertical silos, hindering and affecting efficiency and risk aversion.