Benefiting the Dempsie B. Morrison Scholarship Fund
A portion of the proceeds will go to this fund. The Dempsie Morrison Scholarship provides full tuition for two students in the University of Memphis Department of Architecture a year.
BUILD/IT 2018 Itinerary
12:00 PM - Seminar Presenation
3:30 PM - Keynote Presentation
4:30 PM - Show Floor Opens
5:15 PM - Dinner Served
7:15 PM - Door Prize Drawing
8:30 PM - Show Floor Closes
2 Soprema U.S.
3 CSI-S University of Memphis
4 Dempsie B. Morrison Scholarship Fund
5/ 6 Parasol Awnings
7/8 Brandon Company
9 IIDA Memphis
10 Coastal Construction Products/Tremco
11 Pillar Building Solutions
12 Tectura Designs
13 CSI-S Student Booth
15 PPG Paints
16 Digital Now
17 Phelan and Associates, Inc
18 National Guard Products
19 South East Associates
20 Spectrum Lighting + Controls,
21 Armstrong World Industries
22 Robert F Henry Tile Company
23 Farrell-Calhoun Paint
24 Memphis Reprographics
26 Aerial Innovations
27/28 Clear Advantage Lighting
29 Nexgen Coating Resources, Inc
31 Northern Facades Ltd.
32 Euclid Chemical
33 Dillard Door and Security Inc
34 Carlisle SynTec
35 Mid South Prestress LLC
36 Hillyer Architectural Products
37 J+J Flooring Group
38 Steve Ward and Associates
39 Curtis Stout
40 Johnson Architectural Systems
41 Pella Windows and Doors
42 Dolinger and Associates
43 Sika Roofing Systems
44 Saturn Materials, LLC.
45 Snyder Environmental
46 Delta Door and Hardware
Keynote Presenter - Trey Trahan, FAIA
Trahan Architects is internationally recognized for its progressive use of materials, construction methods and careful response to context. The firm explores relevant opportunities for innovation within each project, including The Alliance Theatre Transformation at the Woodruff Arts Center, the Louisiana Museum and Sports Hall of Fame and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
Currently under construction, the reinvention of the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia applies ecologically and economically responsible design methods through materiality and construction. Utilizing reclaimed wood and steam-bending technology they were able to achieve complex geometry, varied acoustical performance, systems integration, and structural integrity with relatively few natural resources at a reduced cost. The material system is a marriage of contemporary digital technology and time tested hand craft. The use of BIM technology enabled the designers to achieve advanced precision when applying the use of this material technique at an architectural scale.
1. Utilizing parametric tools for design exploration and documentation
2. Translation of documentation to resolve complex detailing for cost effective execution
3. Accelerating the construction process through information modeling
4. Merging acoustical performance with complex geometrical forms.
Seminar Presenter – Michael Riscica, CSI, AIA
Getting Started with the ARE
Getting Started with The ARE is all about beginning your journey toward being a licensed architect, including how to avoid pitfalls, and how to take first steps. I share valuable insights from my own failures and mistakes, as well as what I have learned by helping over 300 ARE Candidates get started on this process.
This lecture is very different from the ways that NCARB or other organizations get started with their ARE Lectures. It’s a real-world, truth-filled presentation that will help you start making progress with this exam.
1. How the exam has recently been updated, explained in a way that is easy to understand and why you should care.
2. The #1 thing that will determine your success on the ARE. The answer might surprise you.
3. How success in architecture school has nothing in common with success on the Architect exam
4. The Top 5 completely avoidable mistakes that are repeatedly made by most ARE Candidates.
5. How to study effectively—while working 40 hours, raising kids, and managing life’s responsibilities.
6. How to quickly resolve many of the issues, struggles, and challenges surrounding the Architect exam, and start enjoying the process of getting better at the craft of practicing architecture.
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors!
Door Prize Sponsors
BUILD/IT 2017 Photo Album
2017 Photographers: Mario Walker, Jarvis Hughes, and Rick Pinelli